our client is a global company with 80+ years of history, operating in geopositioning, construction, mapping, mining and others industries.
what professional profile are we looking for?
for the agriculture division, we are looking for IT System Administrator.
what will you do?
The IT Support is responsible for the provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems hardware/software and related tools and infrastructure, supporting engineering, software development and production environments.
This individual contributor position provides day-to-day operational support of systems / services including Windows, Mac and Linux workstations, mobile smartphone devices, Windows and Linux servers (cloud and non-cloud, physical and virtual), networks, backups, tools (monitoring, CAD, collaboration, continuous integration and code repository tools), and system security.
The successful candidate requires knowledge of system designs for server components, including processors, disk arrays/ storage, operating systems and hypervisors, as well as cloud based compute, storage and related services. This individual will assume responsibility for infrastructure and tools administration, monitoring and backup, inclusive of production facilities.
Multi-site IT systems support for company offices and staff located in Turin, Milan, Concordia and Ancona is a core component of this role and occasional travel between these sites should be expected.
Ability to install, configure, manage, maintain, troubleshoot, and evaluate :
- Windows and Linux server computers, Operating Systems and related components (e.g. storage).
- Windows, Linux and Mac workstations, Operating Systems, peripherals and productivity/ business applications and provide desktop support for technical and non-technical users.
- Backups and the backup/restore process.
- Support Exchange/Office Online (O365) accounts for user mailboxes and productivity tools.
- Can implement and manage security applications and controls to protect against malware, virus, and other malicious threats.
- Possesses knowledge of Windows Active Directory sufficient to support integrating workstations and servers to the corporate network and managing groups/policies.
- Understands and can apply IP networking concepts – switching, routing, addressing, DNS, etc.
- Understands and can apply network and system security concepts – firewalls, encryption, identity, etc.
- Possesses knowledge of cloud services and ecosystems and how to deploy, manage, monitor and maintain services in cloud IaaS/PaaS environments (especially in AWS).
- Ability to monitor and maintain IT systems’ operational health and make recommendations for optimizing resources and hardware.
- Possesses strong knowledge for managing virtualized server environments (VMWare hypervisors & control software).
- Ideally possesses knowledge of software development environments and tools - continuous integration, code version control, etc.
- Can provision and manage mobile (smartphone) devices.
- Can ensure IT systems administration policies are documented, maintained and followed.
- Understands and can apply asset management for both hardware and software assets, including license management for licensed applications.
- Ability to create and maintain technical/ operational documentation
- Both Italian and English language skills (fluent written and spoken) required.
- 5+ years of related experience supporting Windows and Linux workstations
- 5+ years configuration and management of Windows 2012/2008/2003 Server OS; design, configuration and management of Linux OS distributions (Red Hat, Centos, etc); AD domain infrastructure support including the ability to create and manage group policies.
- 5+ years using desktop and server provisioning tools such as SMS, SCCM, Ghost, etc.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working with VMware or Hyper-V based virtualized server environments
- 2+ years supporting Microsoft email/office services (on-prem or cloud)
- 2+ years hands on with cloud IaaS services (AWS or Azure)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with appropriate hands on experience, in a technical area of study.
- Technical certifications or technology specific training are an advantage