Local Technology Specialist - Process/Production Engineer
Our client is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. Products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments.
WHAT PROFESSIONAL PROFILE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A Local Technology Specialist a newly established role that will become responsible for implementation and optimization of all new equipment in our Client’s Natural Colors Division within the local Factory in the Province of Reggio Emilia.
You will analyze data to drive continuous improvements (Manufacturing Excellence) and support the local factory in Process technology tasks.
You will manage local projects in cooperation with the Global Technology specialist and Global Engineering.
Line: reports to the Site manager, dotted line to Global technology specialist / Global Process and Technology Department.
Tasks defined and coordinated by the global Technology department:
- Implement and drive a system for data management and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) locally in cooperation with the global technology specialist (First a manual system, later MES or similar system);
- Drive a local system for continuous improvements based on data analysis and Manufacturing Excellence following the global recommendation (Statistical process control, OEE, Root cause analysis etc.);
- Make product reviews and decrease process variations in order to lower overconcentration;
- Define and set process parameters for optimal productivity and yield;
- Evaluate, Participate in and manage smaller local projects;
- Local contact person to Global Engineering.
Tasks defined and coordinated by the local site:
- Evaluate equipment condition and make sure it is up to date, define actions;
- Evaluate new equipment from a food safety point of view (hygienic design);
- Make protocols for validation, FAT testing, SAT testing, Cleaning validation;
- Responsible for all documentation in the factory in cooperation with stakeholders, management of documentation for changes in the factory layout;
- Responsible for the FTR reporting, root cause analysis and corrections of errors;
- Allergen procedures, Eliminate risk of cross contaminations;
- Secure water quality, Support GMP initiatives;
- Coordinate local project and stakeholders.
WHAT SKILLS WILL WE VERIFY?
You have a technical degree specialized in food technology, process engineering, production engineering or similar. This is backed by a 5/8 years of experience from a position in a modern production setup.
This has provided you with a solid overall technical knowledge including automation and Continuous Improvement Lean & Six Sigma, Process Engineering skills, Project Management skills, Stakeholder management skills.
It is preferred a strong background in Food/Beverage Industry, Food/Beverage Technology.
Your English is fluent (both speak and written).
You have excellent communication skills, strong organizational and analytical skills, team-working skills.
Your work place will be in the Province of Reggio Emilia.
Please send your application in English.
- Provincia di Reggio Emilia
- Contract type
- Working hours
- Salary currency
- € (EUR)
- Industry sector
- Food and Beverage Production