Senior Test Engineer
Our client is focused on two things that have great impact on society: the way things are grown and built. Their mission is the smart integration of information and their technology to constantly improve productivity in order to create sustainable infrastructure and agriculture.
We are now supporting them in find a Senior Test Engineer for their Concordia sulla Secchia test facility.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Someone who knows how to perform in an outdoor environment in and around agricultural equipment as well as in a lab environment with documentation being completed on a PC in the office.
The selected candidate will report to the PV&V Manager and he/she will be responsible for coordinating and performing product development testing.
- Develop test plans that meet new product delivery schedules.
- Author and execute test procedures for new features and regression tests.
- Execute Product Validation and Verification in an efficient and effective manner.
- Understand customer requirements and make sure products meet those requirements.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and provide technical support to sales and customer support.
- Improve and expand lab and field testing facilities and capabilities.
- Work with and communicate with Topcon’s product management, technical support, sales, production, engineering, R&D, and other departments on issues affecting product quality and customer satisfaction
- Support Beta test sites
- Maintain test equipment located at the facility
- A degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Agricultural engineering.
- 5+ years related experience in product development in a related field.
- Knowledge of serial, ISO CAN, radio, and other machine to machine communication types
- Excellent troubleshooting/analytical skills
- Computer skills in basic Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with individuals from a variety of technical and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to prioritize and handle many tasks/activities at once
- Able to lift up to 20 kg and move in, on, and around agricultural equipment.
- A sense of accountability for the appearance of the test site and test vehicles
- Fluent in English and Italian is a must
- Project management experience
- Experience with Agile development methods
- Knowledge of precision agriculture practices
- Knowledge of GNSS receivers and basic theory
- Experience with Matlab
- Due to the spread of employees around the world meeting outside of normal business hours will likely be required.
- Occasional travel could be required
- Concordia Sulla Secchia
- Contract type
- Working hours
- Salary currency
- € (EUR)
- Industry sector
- Engineering & Construction