Technical Support Specialist - Dublin a Dublin
Our client is #1 network scanner for mobile with more than 30 million downloads, and their global users base is continuously asking for additional security and troubleshooting features for the home networks. For this reason, they are leveraging their unique technical insights to enable their users to help each other and make good use of their knowledge.
If you enjoy working in highly innovative environments where you can transform your passion for technology and products into your job, you are the one we are looking for.
- You will join the team as a Third-line Support Specialist, helping their users keeping their home networks fast and secure.
- You will act as an escalation point for the Second-line Support and interact with the customers via email and via phone, walking them through refining their network setup and solving issues with their products.
- You’ll help customers go through the issues they may encounter while using the products and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem.
- You’ll evaluate and decide when it’s the case to replace a defective product.
- You’ll refer difficult cases to the engineering team and work with them to solve the problem.
- You’ll recognize trends in customer support requests and reflect any findings and feedback to the product team.
- You’ll recommend the customer how to improve their network to overcome problems linked to compatibility, security and performance (like an old router, a hacked device or a WiFi with insufficient coverage).
- You’ll have the opportunity to grow in the organization and take bigger responsibility.
- A high school diploma.
- A very good spoken and written English.
- Minimum 3-year experience in supporting customers of connected products.
- A very good attitude to listening and dealing with people under stress
- Practical knowledge of protocols like Ethernet, ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, DHCP, Bonjour, UPnP and key elements such as MAC addresses, ARP tables, discovery and handshaking mechanisms, etc.
- Extensive familiarity with configuring networked devices such as routers, WiFi access points, surveillance cameras, video players, loudspeakers, etc.
- Working knowledge of network security
- Knowledge of written and spoken languages like German and Spanish
- Bachelor in electronics, computer science or telecommunications